Popular Places
Home » Popular Places
Shrinathji Temple
Shri Nathdwara Temple Board welcomes you to Shrinathji. The Holy place of the divinity form of Lord Krishna and is the presiding central deity of the Vaishnava sect known as Pushtimarg. Shri Nathdwara (a pathway to Lord Shri Krishna) literally means the gateway to the Lord ShriNathji. This great Vaishnavite shrine was built in the 17th century on spot exactly identified by the Lord himself. The legends have it that the idol of the Lord Krishna was being transferred to safer place from Vrindaban to protect it from the destructive wrath of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb. When the idol reached this spot, the wheels of bullock cart it was traveling in, sank axle deep in mud and refused to move further, at all. The accompanying priest realized that this was Lord’s chosen spot and the Lord did not want to travel any further. Accordingly a Temple was built here. This is a temple and place of pilgrimage amongst its believers
sanwariyaji temple
The Sanwaliaji temple of the Dark Krishna is situated on the Chittorgarh - Udaipur Highway, at the town of Mandaphia, about 40 kilometers from Chittorgarh. The deity also known as Shri Sanwaria Seth.The legends has it that in the year 1840, a milkman named Bholaram Gurjar dreamt of three divine statues buried under the ground in the Chapar village of Bhadsoda-Bagund. When the villagers started digging the place, they found the three statues, exactly as Bholaram saw in his dream. They were the statues of LORD KRISHNA-all of them beautiful and mesmerizing. One of the statues was taken to Mandaphiya, one to Bhadsoda and the third remain at the very place where it was found. All three locations became temples. Later on, the three temples of Sanwaliya Ji became renowned and devotees visit them in large numbers every day. Located just 40  from Chittorgarh - the historic city of valor and devotion - Mandaphiya is now known as Shri Sanwaliya Dham (The residence of Lord Krishna) and is second to Shri Nathadwara to the followers of the Vaishnav Sect. People believe that all their desires are fulfilled when they visit Shri Sanwaliya Seth's Darbar (Court of Shri Sanwaliya Ji).
Govardhan Parikrama
Govardhan is a hill located near the town of Vrindavan, is considered as sacred by a number of traditions within Hinduism. Known as Govardhan or Giriraj it is the sacred center of Braj and is identified as a natural form of Krishna. On the similar tradition there is a Giriraj Hill located near the city of Nathdwara also. Lord Krishna once lifted Mt Govardhan and held it up as protection to his people and cattle from the rain. Shrinathji is the statue of that particular moment of Krishna. And called with the name GIRIRAJ DHARAN also.
Parikram (walk around) of the Mt. Giriraj is considered sacred in Vaishnavs. For the same purpose a beautiful pathway with flower, lights and other décor has been made besides the Giriraj in Nathdwara.
lal bagh
Lalbagh is a beutiful garden situated only one KM away from the town and on th other side of Mt. Giriraj was renovated a couple of years back and now is a pleasant place to visit for the tourists and residents. Fountains and lighting are place at various parts of Lalbagh to make it more attractiv.
Lalbagh also has one museum inside it's premises, which holds many antique ancient accessories and vehicles of Thakurji. The museum is called SHREEMAD VALLABH SANGRAHALAY.
Goshala
Shreenathji's most favorite place – His Personal gaushala is situated about 3 km from His Haveli. Surrounded by hills it is a very picturesque place; with a lot of open grounds. It was planned and built with the Haveli. It houses about 2000 cows with a staff of 50 guwals to take care of them.
Any visit to ShreeNathji is incomplete without a visit here. It is as important as the Mandir. Shreeji likes staying here – in the midst of His beloved ‘Gaumata’-as He calls them.
eklingji temple
Eklingji  Timing hrs 0415-0645,1030-1330,1715-1945 Eklingji is a temple complex of 108 small temples of 8 th century. The main temple of Shiva has four headed sculpture in black stone Nagda (23 km) Timing 0800-1800 hrs Nagda was first capital of Mewar kingdom and now left with ruins of temple known as Saas-bahu temple dated 10 th century.
haldighati
The pride of Rajsamand District, “Haldighati” in known across the globe for the chivalrous deeds of the great Maharana Pratap. 44 kilometers from Udaipur and 17 kilometers from Nathdwara it is nestled in the middle of the Aravali range. This narrow turmeric coloured mountainous region which played a stellar role in defending the honour of Mewar dynasty, is known as Haldighati.

ganesh takeri
Ganesh tekdi is a lord Ganpati temple on a hill top. It is just 3 kms away from Nathdwara temple. It is a place worth visit as it has very beautiful gardens. Autos can take you to the mandir from Chowpatty auto stand. Darshan opens any times a day and the devotees are expected to keep track of the timings. Every darshan is called by different names like Mangala (early morning), Gwal, Utthapan etc. The Lord looks different in every darshan and the Rajbhog darshan taking place around noon is the most important and sought after. During any major hindu festival it is common to see enormous crowds packing the entire town and the temple complex.In addition to be an art paradise, Nathdwara is revered as a holy place dedicated mostly to the Hindu deity Krishna or Vishnu and His various incarnations. Travellers planning a trip to Nathdwara can visit the Dwarkadheesh Temple which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
dwarkadhish temple
Dwarkadhish Temple is one of the prominent tourist attractions of Nathdwara located in the Kankroli Village. This temple also famous as ‘Kankroli Temple’. Hindu deity Krishna is the sole diety of this beautiful temple. Here the red stone idol of the deity is praise with full devotion and dedication.

Many believes that red stone idol of Lord Krishna have been brought from Mathura. Maharana Raj Singh I built the temple in 1676. This temple belongs to Vaishnavas and the Vallabhacharya sects.

Located at a distance of 65 km from Udaipur city, Dwarkadhish Temple is at the shore of Rajsamand Lake. Nearby Navchauki Dam (Kankroli Dam) is also a great place for bird watching.


Kankroli is a small town, located at a distance of 65 kms from the city of Udaipur. Kankroli is mainly known for its temple, which is sited on the banks of renowned Rajsamand Lake. Kankroli Temple is popularly called as temple of Dwarikadhish. Dwarikadhish is one of the names of Lord Krishna. This Temple is the most significant temple of the Vaishnavas and Vallabhacharya sect. The chief deity of Kankroli temple is believed to have imported from Mathura, the hometown of Lord Krishna.

The idol of Lord Dwarikadhish was brought in 1671 A.D., during the rule of Maharana Raj Singh. The idol was placed in the present temple, which was constructed at the time of the inaugural ceremony of the Rajsamand Lake in 1676 A.D. Shri Bal Krishna ji, the grand son of Vallabhacharya, took the initiative to care for the deity. Since then, Kankroli Temple is the third peeth (religious temple) of Vaishnav religion as Pushtimarg (way to completion).

Kankroli Temple would definitely remind you of the famous Nathdwara temple, which we have discussed in the other article of this section. Dwarikadhish Temple has a very quiet and soothing ambience. It really carries away all the tensions at once and bestows a heavenly bliss. In the complex of the Temple, there is a small garden where you can sit and enjoy the beauty of nature. You will also come across a library that possesses a huge compilation of old books. Kankroli Temple has also maintained a band group.

Kankroli temple is the biggest temple of Lord Dwarikadhish in Kankroli and ranks very high among all the temples of Vallabhacharya. Dwarkadheesh Temple offers a tranquil view of the cool and calm Rajsamand Lake. Every year, people in large numbers come to visit this temple from all over India. If you are visiting Udaipur, you must visit this temple of Dwarikadhish, to receive the blessings of Lord Dwarikadhish.
udaipur
The older section of the City Palace Complex dates from 1568. Behind its fortified walls is a maze of royal apartments, reception halls and courtyards. They are linked to each other by narrow passages and steep staircases – a feature typical of Rajput palaces of that period, designed to confuse invaders. The superb City Palace Museum is spread out through several palaces in this section, and is entered through the imposing Tripolia Gate. Above the entrance is the Mewar crest – a large Sun face, flanked by Rajput and Bhil warriors. Beyond this is the Ganesh Deorhi Gate where entrance tickets for the museum are checked. It leads into a courtyard decorated with frescoes of horses and elephants, and a marble relief of the god Ganesha surrounded by dazzling mirror and glass inlay.

The next courtyard is the Rajya Angan Chowk, from where steps lead to the Chandra Mahal. One of the loveliest palaces in the complex, it has beautiful columns, fretwork windows and striking marble reliefs of Rajput women, one of whom carries a shield. There is a magical view of Lake Pichola and its island palaces from here.

Another flight of steps from here leads to the charming Bari Mahal. Perched 27 m above the ground, it is built on a terraced hillside that is completely enclosed within the palace walls. Deep halls with receding rows of carved arches open into an enchanting courtyard with a marble pool in the middle. Tall neem trees stand around it, providing dappled shade

The Bari Mahal leads to the Dilkhushal Mahal with two remarkable chambers – the Kanch Burj inlaid with red and silver glass, and the Krishna Niwas which exhibits outstanding Mewar miniature paintings. This was the room of 16-year-old Princess Krishna Kumari, who committed suicide in 1807 when rival suitors from Jodhpur and Jaipur threatened to go to war over her hand.

To the left of this palace is the ornate Moti Mahal, the chamber of the dissolute Maharana Jawan Singh, who once promised a dancing girl half his kingdom if she could walk a tightrope across Lake Pichola. The girl had almost reached when the maharana's alarmed courtiers cut the rope, and the dancer drowned. Still further left is the Mor Chowk, with its brilliantly colored 19th century mosaics of three dancing peacocks. The southern end of the City Palace complex has three other opulent palaces built in the late 19th and early 20th centuries – Shambhu Niwas where the descendants of the rulers now live; Fateh Prakash with its magnificent Durbar Hall, fine portraits and gallery of crystal furniture; and the semi-circular Shiv Niwas built as the royal guesthouse. Fateh Prakash and Shiv Niwas are now luxury hotels, but are open to non-residents for tours and meals.